25 febbraio 2007

L'IMPORTANZA DI CHIAMARSI ERNESTO

da Primo Casalini, Monza

Algernon. Why is it that at a bachelor’s establishment the servants invariably drink the champagne? I ask merely for information.
Lane. I attribute it to the superior quality of the wine, sir. I have often observed that in married households the champagne is rarely of a first-rate brand.
Algernon. Good heavens! Is marriage so demoralising as that?
Lane. I believe it is a very pleasant state, sir. I have had very little experience of it myself up to the present. I have only been married once. That was in consequence of a misunderstanding between myself and a young person.
E così via. La finezza di Oscar Wilde è tale che è impossibile ricordare le sue battute. Si riscoprono, incantati, ad ogni nuova lettura. Fatevi aiutare da una traduzione italiana, se non possedete perfettamente l'inglese. Certi giochi potrebbero sfuggire.

Nessun commento: